Whether your data is lost as a result of a hard drive failure or because your computer suddenly stopped working, knowing how to safely recover your data is essential. You have several options to recover your lost data. The first thing to do is to connect the hard drive to another computer.
The second step is to try to copy the data to another drive. If this doesn’t work, you also have another option available to get your data back, and that is to download the data recovery software. Here are the top five data recovery programs for Windows that you can currently find online.
1. Recuva (Recommended)
Table of Contents
- 1 1. Recuva (Recommended)
- 2 Check out its Most Impressive Features Below:
- 3 2. Pandora Hard Drive Data Recovery Tool
- 4 Check out the Main Features of Pandora Hard Drive Data Recovery Tool:
- 5 3. PC Inspector File Recovery
- 6 4. GetDataBack
- 7 5. Hiren’s Bootable CD
- 8 Take a Look at Some other Essential Features Included in Hiren’s BootCD:
Recuva is another software that allows you to recover your deleted files effortlessly and quickly. If you have accidentally deleted essential data or lost your files due to a computer failure, data recovery Atlanta is the solution for your Windows computer that will definitely save the day.
Check out its Most Impressive Features Below:
- This software can recover music, pictures, videos, documents, emails and any other type of files that you have lost.
- Recuva can recover files from your computer but also from rewritable media such as external hard drives, memory cards and USB sticks among others.
- Unlike most file recovery utilities, Recuva can recover recently formatted or corrupted driver files.
- The flexibility of the program will give you greater chances of recovering your data.
- In case you also have hard-to-find files, Recuva comes with an advanced deep scan mode that is capable of searching your disks to find traces of files that have been lost.
- If you want a file to disappear forever, the program’s secure overwrite feature uses industry standard and military removal techniques just to make sure your data remains deleted.
- You have more options when downloading Recuva: You can get the free version that provides advanced features for file recovery, or you can also get the Professional version of Recuva for $ 19.95 that also offers virtual hard drive support, automatic updates and premium support.
2. Pandora Hard Drive Data Recovery Tool
Pandora’s Hard Drive Data Recovery Tool allows you to find and recover deleted files from NTFS and FAT formatted volumes. The software will scan your hard drive and then create an index of existing and deleted files and folders. After the scanning process is complete, you will have full control over the files you want to recover and the destination to which you want to recover them.
Check out the Main Features of Pandora Hard Drive Data Recovery Tool:
- The program can recover archived, encrypted, hidden and compressed files.
- You can also retrieve alternate data streams.
- The tool recovers documents, pictures, movies and any other type of files that you have lost.
- The software includes file review properties and drive properties as well.
- You can recover lost files on your local hard drive, network drive, or flash drive.
- This is one of the most powerful damaged hard drive data recovery software on the market, and even if it’s not free, it still costs less than sending your computer to a tech specialist.
3. PC Inspector File Recovery
PC Inspector File Recovery is another excellent option to recover lost data. When you start the program, you will first have to choose your language and then you will be prompted for a welcome screen that offers you three options.
GetDataBack is one of the simplest solutions to recover lost data. Take a look at the essential features that are included in this software:
- It is capable of recovering all the data from your controller.
- You can also restore the file names and directory structure.
- The software interface is easy to use, and beginners will be able to use the program without any problem.
- The software comes with free lifetime updates when you buy it.
- You won’t have to find out in advance what file system your drive was formatted with.
- The program engine uses four advanced levels that will scale automatically until the best results are achieved.
5. Hiren’s Bootable CD
Hiren’s BootCD is a tool for booting into a reduced version of Windows called MiniXp from the bootable CD or bootable flash drive. It will run diagnostic utilities on a problem system.
It is important to note that Recuva is one of these utilities that are backed up on Hiren’s BootCD. This will be very useful, especially if you don’t have a USB to IDE / SATA adapter or if you don’t want to remove the drive from your computer.
Take a Look at Some other Essential Features Included in Hiren’s BootCD:
- You have to connect another drive to the machine, such as a USB flash drive or external hard drive, to have a place to copy the recovered data.
- Version 15.2 comes with a vast list of improvements and new options, and you can check it out on the official Hiren BootCD website.
- The software is compatible with Windows.
- Hiren’s BootCD is capable of repairing bad sectors on your hard drive by generating a unique sequence of high and low signals around the area that is physically damaged.
All of them are compatible with Windows, and they can successfully save both your lost data and your day.