A car locksmith in Melbourne comes in handy during one of the emergencies encountered by many. Emergencies are unpredictable and many are caught unprepared. However, this should not be the case. For the most part, emergencies may be properly dealt with through the presence of mind. The presence of mind enables all of us to know what to do next should a car emergency arise.
It is crucial to determine the common car emergencies to know specific survival means. Being aware of the entire process can be potentially lifesaving. It can also prevent further damage to life or property. It can’t be stressed enough that none of these survival means can be successfully lodged without a presence of mind and alertness. These two factors come hand in hand to effectively curb casualties and further destruction.
Recommended: Best Car Rental Apps For iPhone
Car emergencies and what to do when they happen
Table of Contents
Common as it may seem, however, many of us are stunned as emergencies happen. Instead of focusing on the right thing to do, some let panic get in the way. As such, the mind is severely clouded with unhelpful thoughts making the situation even worse. Therefore, when these emergencies happen, don’t panic. Assess the situation and refer to this list for what you need to do next.
Loss of wheel or tire blowout
While in the middle of driving and you all of sudden lose a wheel, here’s what you need to do:
– Hold on to the steering wheel as firmly as you can. Do not ever let go of the wheel even for a second. Doing so may result in violent turning or swerving which may be fatal to both you and others around.
- Immediately turn on the hazard sign/blinkers to alert everyone around you.
- Release the gas pedal and let the car roll while taking control of the wheel.
- When the car slows down and is under control, gently brake. Premature braking especially when the car is still going fast may make it lose control.
- Pullover to avoid getting hit by faster and unaware drivers.
This is one potentially dangerous problem when not dealt with appropriately. Not only can it cause you and other unsuspecting people harm but also destroy the works of commercial shopfitters. All these may potentially add up to the entire problem altogether. In cases when there’s a loss in steering, here’s what you need to do:
- If the car is moving straight, release the gas and it shall slow down on its own. Remember to turn your blinkers on. It would also be helpful to give signs to other drivers to drive past you. You’ll never know. Some of them may even help you by either calling emergency services or even assist as you make it to the side of the road.
- If the car veers out of control to the side, brake gently. Again, braking suddenly makes the car lose control. Braking gently also significantly reduces the chances of getting hit by fast-moving cars behind you.
Loss of headlight
Should there be a headlight failure, make use of other light sources such as hazard lights or high beams. These alternative light sources shall give you a chance to slowly pull over to the side of the road. If it’s dangerous for being too dark or if this happens in a remote place, call emergency services for help. Just like an emergency locksmith in Melbourne, someone should be able to locate you for further assistance.
Emergency car lockout or lost car keys
This may be less life-threatening compared to the others mentioned, however, it is such a major inconvenience. Unfortunately, car keys are among the most misplaced or lost items. Worse, you won’t know the car keys are gone until the very last minute.
Should this happen, do not attempt to unlock the car on your own. If you don’t have experience in unlocking cars, let a professional car locksmith in Melbourne do the work. They definitely know what to do, regardless of your car type, make, and model. Even better, most locksmiths have emergency services. This means there is available immediate help no matter what time of the day or where you are when this happens.
Be careful, though. Some car locksmiths take advantage of the dire situation. Since they know you are in serious inconvenience, they may jack up the price. Unsuspectingly, you agree with the rate and perhaps add a lot more when they arrive. These are scammers that need to be avoided at all costs. Take the time to choose the right car locksmith to call. To provide more insights on this matter, click here.
While there are more emergency situations involving vehicles, they are by far the most common. Be sure to always practice alertness and presence of mind. Regular vehicle maintenance is necessary. Check on the brakes and other car parts to ensure that everything is in good working condition. Have your phone fully charged in case you need to contact a dependable car locksmith in Melbourne.
Also, invest in an early warning device (preferably with a deflector). Driving without these early warning devices may even be punishable by law in many cities, states, and territories. Today is also a good time to check on your glove compartment to see if all documents are there. These are paper works for insurance and registration.