Best Audio editing software for PC is widely search terms in the era of the internet, the audio quality while listening to the content on a website becomes very important. It isn’t just important for the listener but also for the people who post and upload such audio content. Poor audio quality results in a decline in the page visits for the audio/video content, which has been uploaded to the site.
Ever been in such a situation where the necessity to edit and enhance the audio was important? Have you hunted web pages looking for free audio editing software to help you come out of bad audio situations? Here is a list of some of the best audio editing software for PC. Some of this software is free. You can just install it on your PC and start editing. So, let’s review:
Also check : Best photo editing software
Best Audio Editing Software for PC for 2022
The completely free audio editing software for PC that you can immediately lay your hands on. So, what is in store when you choose to use Audacity for editing the audio? Let’s take a sneak peek:
- Simple UI to check and view the various option
- Multi-track editing and Live recording
- Feature to eliminate or reduce noise in audios
- Support to multiple platforms like Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.x and Linux
- Multiple audio formats are compatible like .wav, .mp3, etc.
- Useful sound effects that you can add to audio content
Also check: Logitech Gaming Software Download
Another most sought after audio editing software tool in the market. There are two variants of this software that are available for use – the free version and the premium version. The premium versions start from $39.95. So, let’s see WavePad’s feature list here:
- An intuitive software providing the professional level of audio editing to your files
- Support to almost all audio formats such as .mp3, .wav, .aac, .wma, etc.
- WavePad offers a lot of functions of audio editing like a copy, insert, trim, silence, etc.
- Compatible with additional plugins, in case you want to enhance the productivity of the content
- Support for multiple platforms like Windows 7 onwards, Mac OS X 10.4
- Mobile Apps for Android and iOS are available
#3. FL Studio 12.1.2
A different tool compared to the already mentioned two audio editing software. There are three editions available in FL Studio, and the basic version of the tool starts from $99. Here is what FL Studio offers with its product:
- A full-fledged Digital Audio Workstation that permits your to mix and create audio content
- The audio interface is highly professional and lets you work through a lot of many options
- Availability of extensions and plugins to enhance the tool’s performance and capabilities to suit your audio editing needs
- Regular updates to your tool, so that you are kept updated with the state-of-the-art features to use and perform audio editing
- Compatible with many platforms such as Windows XP onwards and with Mac OS X 10.8 or 10.9. The known limitation with Yosemite platform is known
- Mobile apps are available for iOS (various iDevices such as iPod, iPad, and iPhone) and for Android
Another tool along similar lines gives the Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) experience like the FL Studio. It is priced minimally (as low as $1) and is feature based. A high-level feature list for your reference is shown below:
- The complete DAW experience enables music recording, edit and mixes audio tracks
- The best suited user experience for professionals like Audio Engineers, Musicians, and Composers. Various options help the different audience
- Additional functions such as Routing, and Inline Plugin Control are available to mix the audio content
- Improved functioning and enhanced productivity of the tool can be bettered by certain plugins
- Compatible with limited platforms such as Intel OS X 10.6 to Intel OS X 10.10
Linux MultiMedia Studio is best free audio editing software like above and it’s also known as LMMS. This software is the best alternative of FL Studio. LMMS has tons of good features like FX Mixer, Automation Editor, support for MIDI Keyboard, instruments, inbuilt audio effects, and compatibility. LMMS software has professional User Interface and its plugins that take productivity to a new level. If you are not able to pay for paid audio editing software, then LMMS is the best solution for editing and mixing music.
Apart from these, there is various other best audio editing software for PC like Adobe Audition, Wavosaur. You can look up its features and limitations and assess them with these four audio editing tools too!